Internet problem: DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
doc90

Internet problem: DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET

Post by doc90 »

Hi guys, I just installed Linux Mint 17.3 64-BIT on my friends' pc, in dual boot with W10, but Internet works 30 seconds and then stop it.
I try to change DNS in Google's DNS, but nothing.

Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic
Processore: AMD A19-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics x 2

Can someone help me? thanks.

N.B.
In the same network I have a PC with the same Linux (but I have a different pc) and it works
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Internet problem: DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET

Post by xenopeek »

It is probably a problem with the wireless chip and driver. A newer Linux Mint version may not have had the same issue as it would come with a newer kernel (and in general hardware drivers are in the kernel).

If you want help from others here please run the following command in the terminal (a program in your menu) on the computer with the problem and copy its output here (you can select and copy text from the terminal's edit menu; if the menubar is not shown first right-click in the terminal and choose to show the menubar):
inxi -Fxz
doc90

Post by doc90 »

First: tanks!
If Linux Mint 18 its probably not has this problem I do the upgrade today or tomorrow.
Thank you
andrewjackman016

Post by andrewjackman016 »

You may refer to this guide https://techieans.com/how-to-solve-dns_ ... in-chrome/ for more information. That's how I solved the issues

Return to “Networking”