A problem with the wifi connection

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ICIT2

A problem with the wifi connection

Post by ICIT2 »

Hello I ma new to Mint MATE and really am impressed with how it is going so have decided to install it on my Asus G650JM ROG laptop. Now I got it to install after a bit of playing in the BIOS because I had Windows 10 set up on the machine and needed to change a few things.

Now the machine is like lightning with Mint on board but I have one small problem - this machine has to have a wifi connection for the net in the location where I work on it. I have installed the drivers from the repository even though it said it does not have a drivers for the device inside the machine. I have tried locating a driver for the Asus but with no luck the only way I can connect to the web is via an Ethernet connection in my computer room.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a fix because if I cannot get wifi for the machine I shall be forced to go back to Windows 10 and frankly I would be very loathe to do that because the machine with the Mint is streets ahead of running the Mint over the 10 and to be honest a friend and I are looking at dumping Windows 10 as soon as we possibly can now we have found Linux Mint MATE "Sonya"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ICIT2

Re: A problem with the wifi connection

Post by ICIT2 »

Not to worry solved albeit a finicky process.

Return to “Networking”