How to prioritize the saved network connections ?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
a-bentofreire
Level 2
Level 2

How to prioritize the saved network connections ?

Post by a-bentofreire »

Hi.
I'm running Kernel: 4.14.0-041400-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 7.2.0) Desktop: Cinnamon 3.6.2 (Gtk 3.18.9) Distro: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya

I have multiple saved network connections (wi-fi to be more precise).
I wanted to associate a priority to some of those connections, in case there are several available it would choose the one with highest priority.

The problem is:
I usually connect to an unlimited max download size but it's unstable.
When it gets unstable I tether my mobile phone which is more stable but have a limited max download size.
I wanted to associate a higher priority to the this last one, in case present, the system would select this one.

Is there anyway I can archive this ?

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sbroccolo

Re: How to prioritize the saved network connections ?

Post by sbroccolo »

I don't know how to set a priority. I simply turn off Automatic connection on all except the main one, When I need to choose a different one I click to connect,
Not sure if this is what you need.
a-bentofreire
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How to prioritize the saved network connections ?

Post by a-bentofreire »

Hi,
Sorry, but that doesn't solve the issue.
Since I want all to be automatic but if multiple automatic are available choose the one with highest priority.

Return to “Networking”