Firmware b43 installer - where did it go

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Firmware b43 installer - where did it go

Post by urdrwho »

Ok, I just recently installed Mate 17 and the command sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer worked. I just re-installed (don't ask) and now it says that firmware-b43-installer can't be found. Has it been removed from the repositories? I need it to get my broadcom wifi stuff up and running.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Firmware b43 installer - where did it go

Post by JeremyB »

You might need to refresh the package lists

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Firmware b43 installer - where did it go - solved

Post by urdrwho »

Thanks.

Before I saw your post I re-installed Mate and before installing I went through the command lines to install Wifi on a Live CD. It worked without the apt-get update.

After the install I opened Mate and did not allow any updates. I went through the command lines to install b43 and it worked and again I didn't need to use apt-get update.

The reason I didn't use the apt-get update was because the previous install I allowed the program to install updates and then the B43 went missing. So I was afraid to add apt-get update I might again lose B43.

Anyhow it is working.
JeremyB wrote:You might need to refresh the package lists

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer

Return to “Networking”