Archer t2u ubuntu installer

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Squibbs
Level 1
Level 1

Archer t2u ubuntu installer

Post by Squibbs »

I am complete newbie and need help. Have followed ivannieto instructions but ran into a brick wall.
Entered the following:

$ git clone https://github.com/ivannieto/archer-t2u ... taller.git
$ cd archer-t2u-ubuntu-installer/ && python3 t2u-driver-installer.py

was informed git did not exist and given install instructions - followed these and ended up with notification to close all devices and press . I don't know what this symbol represents and could only enter the three items from the keyboard. Obviously this did not work.

Please can anyone tell an utter idiot what she is doing wrong. I really do need instructions how to proceed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fabien85
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Archer t2u ubuntu installer

Post by fabien85 »

I dont know what instructions you were given to install git, but the way to do it in Mint is very simple :
- open the software manager (Menu > Administration > Software manager) and search for git
- click install
Alternatively you can also do it from the terminal with apt install git
If the instructions were different from that, they were most probably incorrect for Mint.
Same for python3 : install it through the software manager if you dont have it already. (though it may already be installed by default)
In general if you have to install a program, first search whether it's available in the software manager, this is by far the recommended way (alternatively you can use synaptic or apt, they do the same job behind the scenes). Other ways of installing programs are generally ways to get in trouble, unless you know what you are doing.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Archer t2u ubuntu installer

Post by JeremyB »

Squibbs, when it asks you to press press i and see if it works

Return to “Networking”