Atheros AR9285 Toshiba NB205 intermittent

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brvcf
Level 2
Level 2

Atheros AR9285 Toshiba NB205 intermittent

Post by brvcf »

Situation: Mint XFCE 18.3 installed on Toshiba NB205. Dual boot with Windows 7 starter
Access point A: I enter password, connects to access point, but after a while the connection fails. When I try to reconnect, it appears as if the password is wrong. Several tries, no luck. Initial connection might work again at some later time after the netbook has been off and back on, but then fails as before.
Access point B: Could not even initially connect using known good password.
Both locations, it appears as if the adapter is on and working because it detects several nearby APs. Of course I don't know the passphrase for any of them so I can't try connecting.
Wifi seems to work OK in Windows 7.
Netbook has latest BIOS.
This does not appear to be the same problem as described in viewtopic.php?t=228054. Wireless adapter does not appear to be turning off. Just having problems connecting. Encryption problems, I think.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”