[Solved]No wifi after installing "Lisa" LXDE

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
j_silv

[Solved]No wifi after installing "Lisa" LXDE

Post by j_silv »

I just recently upgraded my Acer Aspire One KAV60 netbook to 32-Bit "Lisa" LXDE.I go to the additional drivers page and click activate and it brings up the downloading and installing window then it sorry installation of this driver has failed.The adapter is the Broadcom BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY.I will add the log in the following pastebin: https://pastebin.com/VuQFKMSh
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: No wifi after installing "Lisa" LXDE

Post by jimallyn »

Do you really mean Lisa? That is old, old, old, and no longer supported. Install Mint 17.x or 18.x.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
j_silv

Post by j_silv »

jimallyn wrote:Do you really mean Lisa? That is old, old, old, and no longer supported. Install Mint 17.x or 18.x.
Cant the system is really weak unless I do xfce
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

j_silv wrote:Cant the system is really weak unless I do xfce
Then use XFCE. Probably darn near every piece of software ever written has security bugs in it, and by the time something is as old as Mint Lisa, a lot of them are known. But when an OS is past its support period, there are no updates. None. Not even security updates. So you really ought to install something newer. If Mint 17 or 18 XFCE is too much, try antiX or one of the other distros designed to work with older hardware.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

But to answer your original question, all the software repositories for Lisa have long since been taken down, and that's why your system can't seem to find anything. It isn't there anymore.
j_silv

Post by j_silv »

jimallyn wrote:But to answer your original question, all the software repositories for Lisa have long since been taken down, and that's why your system can't seem to find anything. It isn't there anymore.
Could I get XFCE then download LXDE via the terminal
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

j_silv wrote:Could I get XFCE then download LXDE via the terminal
If you mean could you install a recent (17.x or 18.x) Mint XFCE version then install LXDE on it, yes, that shouldn't be a problem. LXDE is available for install in both Mint 17 and 18. You could do it from the terminal, but you wouldn't have to, you could use either Synaptic or Software Manager to install it, if you don't mind doing things through the graphic interface. If you want to install a different desktop environment on Mint, XFCE is the best to start with. I recently installed Fluxbox on both Mint 17 and 18, and it works well. Doesn't use much RAM or CPU.

Return to “Networking”