Trying to install Panda Wireless N600 PAU07

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sigmalinux

Trying to install Panda Wireless N600 PAU07

Post by sigmalinux »

Greetings,

I am trying to install a new Panda Wireless USB Adapter on my Linux Mint 18.3, 64-bit desktop. Model desktop: HP h8-1417c (Envy)

Panda Wireless Info: Panda Wireless N600 Dual Band, Part# PAU07.

I am not new to Linux but not comfortable with command line. I am having trouble getting it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Superannuated
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Trying to install Panda Wireless N600 PAU07

Post by Superannuated »

On my Panda PAU07 I just plug it in to the USB port either before or after the computer is started, then click on the wireless icon at the right side of the Linux Mint Panel and make sure Enable Networking and Enable Wi-Fi are checked in the pop-up window. Then up further up the pop-up window I click on my network name (SSID). Another pop-up window appears, I enter my network password and I am connected. After that every time I restart my computer I am automatically connected to wifi.

Does your Panda & computer not respond that way? If not, perhaps this guide will provide some help.
https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/ubuntu-help ... oting.html
sigmalinux

Post by sigmalinux »

For some reason, my option to click wireless connection will not work. I can see the option but I can't check it. I have no idea why other than it may not recognize that I have the Panda USB dongle inserted?
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

Please see the wireless script link in my signature and post results

Return to “Networking”