Mint 18 Wifi drivers

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chintan

Mint 18 Wifi drivers

Post by Chintan »

Hi Guys facing similar kind of issue where i have my linux mint installation not showing wifi options , here is the paste bin url.Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://pastebin.com/pAF0GNwZ
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Mint 18 Wifi drivers

Post by Pjotr »

Chintan wrote:Hi Guys facing similar kind of issue where i have my linux mint installation not showing wifi options , here is the paste bin url.Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://pastebin.com/pAF0GNwZ
Easier for me to get the required information like this:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
(if you type: the letter F is a capital letter)

Copy/paste the output in your next message between code tags (or put it on pastebin).

Do the same with the following four commands:

rfkill list all
and:

iwconfig
and:

inxi -Nn
and:

lsusb
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Topic has been split off from a topic from 2016. Please don't post to old support topics, make new ones instead.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

I don't see any sign of a wifi device, was there one?
Dusenberg

Post by Dusenberg »

I posted last year on the old thread about wifi problems with my new Lenovo E570 and Qualcomm wifi card/ath10k driver on Mint 18: wifi randomly disconnecting; random non-connects at boot; woefull performance

Since then I've upgraded to the 4.10 kernal which solved the wifi random disconnecting issue, but not the two other issues. Then my broadband was upgraded to 100mbs, so I speed-tested my Lenovo on both 2.4 and 5Ghz and still it could only manage 24-30mbs. I did the same test on my wife's old Samsung laptop (Mint 17.2) and it's Centrino wifi ran at 98mbs on 2.4Ghz! Finally, in frustration, I replaced the Qualcomm card in the Lenovo with an Intel 8265 which cost £20 and immediately all the problems disappeared. Solved.

Return to “Networking”