4g Router

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
doobear

4g Router

Post by doobear »

Hi there,

I was hoping to get some help with my internet connection. I have recently setup Linux Mint (Cinnamon) on my laptop. I'm a first time user so not very familiar with Linux.
I have a 4g Router that I can connect to the network on but don't have any internet access.
The laptop can connect to two different 4g mobile tethered hotspots without any issue so I am certain it isn't the wireless adapter on the laptop.

I use the router for other devices wirelessly without any issue so I am guessing there is something not quite right set in Linux.

Has anyone got any advice about what could be wrong?

Appreciate any help offered.

Many thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: 4g Router

Post by JeremyB »

See the wireless script link in my signature and post results. I use a D Link 4G router with no issues, a DWR-922
doobear

Post by doobear »

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for responding.
I have attached the results.
wireless-info.tar.gz
The router is a TP-Link TL-MR6400
Thanks
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

See if you can change the encryption setting on the router to WPA2 only, right now it is using WPA/WPA2. Your cellular hospot is using WPA2 only

Return to “Networking”