New HP 15 realtek 8188ee wireless problems with sensitivity linux mint 18.3

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mark9950
Level 2
Level 2

New HP 15 realtek 8188ee wireless problems with sensitivity linux mint 18.3

Post by mark9950 »

Just purchased HP 15 with realtek 8188ee wireless (HP 15 manufactured in 2016) and the issue is that the sensitivity is very bad,I have to stay close to my router to get any web browsing, over 70% signal strength to browse with acceptable browsing but youtube videos are only 240 definition.My 5 year old gateway (atheros wifi) get great browsing after 25% signal strength.Since this computer was bought from a third party seller the seller told me he was only responsible for the computer powering up and any defects are from the manufacturer.This computer laptop came with windows 10 and before I fight with HP,is there s a fix for this issue in linux,or will I have to fight Hp or buy another wifi adapter? I hate windows 10,I tried windows 7 it works but dont like windows 7 that much either. I also tried a tails version and it does work better when browsing, but with tails the gnome without darkening from the white themes hurts my eyes.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mark9950
Level 2
Level 2

Re: New HP 15 realtek 8188ee wireless problems with sensitivity linux mint 18.3

Post by mark9950 »

found the solution to this issue the solution was ubuntu 17.10.1 Im using kubuntu.Linux mint has to stop using the long term support for two years, especially for newer computers because as more new hardware comes out it takes time for the developers to catch up with the newer hardware.My Hp15 was manufactured in april 2016 and it now works with ubuntu 17.10.That means bye linux mint.

Return to “Networking”