No internet connection

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jenath

No internet connection

Post by jenath »

Hi i am using a Lenovo 510 miix with dual boot windows 10 and linux mint 18.3. I am using an intel 8260 driver. I have tried may online solutions to getting my wifi on but i can't get it to work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: No internet connection

Post by Moem »

Can you tell us which things you have tried, so we don't waste time making the same suggestions again?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
jenath

Post by jenath »

I have tried adding iwlwifi-8000-ucode-25.30.13.0 but i wasn't able to complete the operation as it won't allow me to place the file in lib/firmware/ . I have tried windows wireless drivers it had worked once and resumed to not turn on after i restarted the computer. I have tried rfkill all to turn off all softblocks however the hardblock for wlan is still on.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Since it's a hardblock: is there a WiFi switch on your machine?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
jenath

Post by jenath »

There is a wireless button on the bottom right of linux mint when i click it to turn on, it returns back to switched off. I have also tried combinations from online post of how to turn on and off wifi using fn and f2 (+ others) they didn't work for me.
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thx-1138 »

jenath, since you say it's hard-blocked, as Moem suggested, besides the enable/disable 'button', can you also check if there is a switch for it under BIOS' settings?
jenath

Post by jenath »

Hi i checked the BIOS
Wireless LAN: enabled
Bluetooth:enabled
intel virtual technology: disabled
BIOS back flash: disabled

Both wifi and bluetooth doesn't work in linux mint for me
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thx-1138 »

...there was a similar bug report (for that model i mean) over at Ubuntu's forums:
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2365047
As you can see, on page 2, someone says he/she solved by unloading a module & further disabling Intel Secure Platform under bios - however, if this will do the trick in your case as well, your guess is as good as mine...
jenath

Post by jenath »

I have tried the the command and secure boot is disabled. When I restarted wifi is still not working.
jenath

Post by jenath »

Bluetooth soft block and hard block is set to no but bluetooth has a message saying bluetooth is disabled by hardware switch.

Return to “Networking”