How to remove hotspot autoconnection on starup?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jukooz

How to remove hotspot autoconnection on starup?

Post by jukooz »

Hello,

Linux Mint XFCE 64.

In the past I created wifi hotspot. Don't remember how I did it. Remember though that it wasn't simple and required some researching.

I don't need it anymore. Removed it from "Edit connections", don't have it in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ (don't remember if I had to do it manually or not) but every single time I turn on my PC it automatically connects to this old hotspot. I have to disconect from this "network' and choose one I want to connect to manually. How can I stop this behavior?

Another less important problem: sometimes when I disconnect from wifi, I can't connect to any other wifi (I can not see any wifi to connect to). Have to restart my computer to do it.

Thank in advance.
Last edited by SMG on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locking topic to prevent present-day solutions being added to topics posted about versions of Linux Mint no longer receiving support.

Return to “Networking”