Lenovo ThinkPad x230 Connectivity Problem

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leogrefaldojr

Lenovo ThinkPad x230 Connectivity Problem

Post by leogrefaldojr »

Good Day. I am not really sure if i posted it in the right place, but please do let me know if i need to move this somewhere else.

Issue: This is my first time using a Linux OS. So basically I am all new about this.
Yesterday I installed Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" - Cinnamon (64-bit) to my Lenovo Thinkpad x230.
It is installed together with a Windows 10. So, it is a dual boot set up.

Everything was working perfectly fine. until i reached to a point when i had to check whether I could access the internet.
when I was at home. It connects to the WiFi and could access the internet fine. However when I tried to connect to the office WiFi, although it shows that it is connected,
it cant access the internet. We have 2 routers in the office and both connections give the same result -- connected but cant access the internet.

I did a little research and follow the steps given. (typing lines on the terminal) but none of them worked.
i did also try to change a few settings on the routers --- change the encryption types, and etc. but none of these worked.

I would appreciate it much if someone could lead me to the solution to this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad x230 Connectivity Problem

Post by kukamuumuka »

What tells a terminal-command

Code: Select all

inxi -Nn

Return to “Networking”