no wirI eless connection

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mobodick

no wirI eless connection

Post by mobodick »

I just installed Mint 17.3 on Lenovo Think pad from a bootable USB disk that I created. I'm able to access internet with wired connection but doesn't recognize wireless network. I've installed same distro or 2 or 3 desktops and it connects right away to available wireless networks. On the ThinkPad it doesn't happen. I thought it was a driver problem but driver manager did not solve my problem. I was thinking of upgrading to most current Mint version but I just wondered if anyone had any better advice. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dave8671
Level 4
Level 4

Re: no wireless connection

Post by dave8671 »

Hi there need much more information to help.

Thinkpad model and type on the bottom of the laptop. Check the wifi switch if you have one most of the time its not switched off but... I use thinkpads too please post the output of these commands.

Code: Select all

lshw -C network

Code: Select all

rfkill list

Return to “Networking”