Linux mint 18.3, Bluetooth stops wifi from working. [SOLVED]

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BeezerB

Linux mint 18.3, Bluetooth stops wifi from working. [SOLVED]

Post by BeezerB »

I have a Lenovo Thinpad with an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230, I have been using linux for about 3 months now, and in the last month the wifi starting getting real slow and not working at all, even though I was still showing connected. I finally discovered it was bluetooth that was killing the wifi connection. Disabling bluetooth allows the wifi to work. If bluetooth is simply on, and not connected to anything wifi stops completely. This only started a about a month ago, I used to be able to use both just fine. I have been looking for about a week for a solution to this but haven't found any solution to it yet.

Here is my system info.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/debad ... 7c58726f38
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Linux mint 18.3, Bluetooth stops wifi from working.

Post by JeremyB »

I would use the Mint Update Manager to install the newest 4.4 kernel and try that to see if the bluetooth coexist works better
BeezerB

Re: Linux mint 18.3, Bluetooth stops wifi from working.

Post by BeezerB »

Thanks for the reply Jeremy. So far kernel version 4.4 seems to have helped, I am going to test it a couple more days.

Return to “Networking”