Wi-Fi Not Appearing - Linux Mint 18.3

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MaxSolar0713

Wi-Fi Not Appearing - Linux Mint 18.3

Post by MaxSolar0713 »

To whom it may concern,

I am using an Acer Aspire 3690, running Linux Mint 18.3 alongside Windows. I have just recently installed but face a problem with my Wi-Fi. Whenever I boot the computer, it shows as if Wi-Fi doesn't exist: only a cable connection. Can someone please help me on the subject??? :(

Maximus
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
asinoro
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wi-Fi Not Appearing - Linux Mint 18.3

Post by asinoro »

Run this command and post it by copy and paste selecting the symbol </> at forum's text editor.

Code: Select all

nmcli radio wifi on ; inxi -Fxxxz ;  lspci -nnk | grep -A2 0280 ; rfkill list all ;  mokutil --sb-state
JLinuxMint

Re: Wi-Fi Not Appearing - Linux Mint 18.3

Post by JLinuxMint »

I encountered the same problem with Lenovo T61 laptop. The problem seems to be that wifi radio is somehow turned off after booting. You can check it by

nmcli radio wifi

It shows 'disabled'. Then, I simply run

nmcli radio wifi on
And, it solves the problem. When I go back to Network Manager, I see a list of wifi networks and are able to connect to one I want.

I wonder if this should be considered a bug.

Return to “Networking”