Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
boredhero
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Netgear WNA3100 (Broadcom BCM43231) Working

Post by boredhero » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi, I am sadly well aware of the nightmare of Linux and Broadcom, especially my Netgear N300 (WNA3100/BCM43231) USB wireless adapter. In my experience with Linux, I have had scant luck getting it working trying to follow older forum posts from years past and older kernels/drivers/distro versions. I am contemplating a LM19 install, and am wondering if anyone knows how to get this adapter/chipset to play nicely with LM19, if at all possible. I remember trying ndiswrapper during my last adventure with LM (around 16/17), and never really getting it to work. Any ideas? (I am also well aware that I am probably better off going and buying a different adapter, but just for the sake of curiosity and so that other people googling my plight may have a more recent thread they can read, is there anything I can try to make it work?)

Inundated
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Getting Netgear WNA3100 (Broadcom BCM43231) Working

Post by Inundated » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:34 pm

I have been struggling with this for days now, and there doesn't seem to be an easy solution.

LM19 Cinnamon, I tried all the posts I could find that invoked NDISWRAPPER, but it fails at some crucial point.

I'd like to get this working, but I've decided to go ahead and order the TPLink adapter recommended by others who have posted here.I'm going to keep plugging away until the TPLink gets here.
Mike
New to Linux, but learning!

Return to “Wireless”