Resolved - HP Laptop - Cannot find/install/enable Wifi adaptor

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
StanleyBaltimore

Resolved - HP Laptop - Cannot find/install/enable Wifi adaptor

Post by StanleyBaltimore »

So far I'm loving how Mint (Cinnamon) is running. I typically will be in a location with ethernet access available, so it's not the end of the world, but I would really love to get the wifi adapter working as a convenience.

The laptop is an HP 15-bs113dx that I wiped to install Mint, everything worked when it was windows 10 so it should still be functional. The ethernet & bluetooth adapters are installed and work properly.

I've checked several other threads that seemed to be a similar problem, however I have had no luck resolving the issue on my own using that information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am happy to provide any info needed to resolve this. Thanks in advance (hopefully :D )
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vladtepes

Re: HP Laptop - Cannot find/install/enable Wifi adaptor

Post by vladtepes »

As a starting point it would be useful if you post the result of inxi -Fxz so people know your system details. :)

Consider this post also a free 'bump'. :)
StanleyBaltimore

Re: HP Laptop - Cannot find/install/enable Wifi adaptor

Post by StanleyBaltimore »

Thanks for the response.

The issue was actually unexpectedly resolved when I used a friend's usb wifi adapter. After installing the accompanying drivers the built-in wifi adapter became available to enable/use.

Return to “Networking”