Mint 19 Live / Can't enable wwan

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jape3

Mint 19 Live / Can't enable wwan

Post by jape3 »

Hi, long time mint 18 user here. I'm trying mint 19 on my new laptop with wwan card.
The problem; can't enable the wwan, the "add new connection" (see screenshot)does not give the popup it used to give in mint 18 IIRC? The wwan works ok in ubuntu 18.04.
Any ideas what to try?
screenshot.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jape3

Re: Mint 19 Live / Can't enable wwan

Post by jape3 »

an update, I was able to get the wwan connection up by manually adding the connection with nmcli from the terminal. So it looks like the problem is just with the GUI.
jape3

Post by jape3 »

Had a silimar problem with kubuntu 18.04 too - need to add the connection manually from the terminal, so the issue might not be just mint specific. So far, of the 3 flavors tried only ubuntu 18.04 works out of the box as it's supposed to.
jape3

Post by jape3 »

Mint 20 installed and it seems things are still the same - adding a connection from the gui fails but command line works.

Code: Select all

nmcli c add type gsm ifname cdc-wdm0 con-name MyGSMInternet apn APNOfMyOperator
You can check the ifname of your adapter with nmcli, for me it was cdc-wdm0

Return to “Networking”