Drivers not working

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Marco1992

Drivers not working

Post by Marco1992 »

Hello! I have a laptop that had windows vista ! I tried to setup linux mint 18and delete window vista ! Now my wifi and other drivers are not working ! When i open drive manager it show me this message :drivers cannot be installed. Please connect to the internet or insert linux mint instalation ! And the wifi signal on the laptop is not activated either
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Drivers not working

Post by deepakdeshp »

Try conneting LM to the net through ethernet sable till all driver are download
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Marco1992 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:54 pm Hello! I have a laptop that had windows vista ! I tried to setup linux mint 18and delete window vista ! Now my wifi and other drivers are not working ! When i open drive manager it show me this message :drivers cannot be installed. Please connect to the internet or insert linux mint instalation ! And the wifi signal on the laptop is not activated either
Did you have Internet when trying out the live medium? Or did you just install it blindly without testing for compatibility first?

Also post output of

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

If it's a Broadcom wifi chipset, simply do what Driver Manager says: insert the Linux Mint installation medium (DVD, live-USB). The Broadcom driver should be installable then.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

Return to “Networking”