Phy0 Wireless LAN : Hard Blocked (YES)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ridzamnto

Phy0 Wireless LAN : Hard Blocked (YES)

Post by ridzamnto »

I just migrated from windows and chose Mint over the other but sadly I stumbled upon a problem right after installation o.o
For some reasons that I don't know I cannot access the wifi signal. I installed Mint Cinnamon and Xcfe and have the same problem. In Cinnamon, I can't get to switch the wifi on, it always back to 0 no matter how much I clicked it. In Xcfe I enabled the wifi checkmark but can't find detect any wifi. I tried some solutions that I got from googling here and there such as:
1. sudo rfkill unblock all (doesn't work)
2. Unplugging my laptop battery and pressed the power button for more than 30 seconds (doesn't work)
3. Changing the bios setting to default (doesn't work)
4. Pressing fn+f1,f2, and f3 combo like crazy (doesn't work)
There are some other solutions that I haven't tried since it requires me to connect to a wired network but i don't have any access to it.

NB: My laptop is acer aspire 4752G

Sorry for my bad english and do ask me if my question is not clear enough
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Phy0 Wireless LAN : Hard Blocked (YES)

Post by Moem »

Is there a physical switch (a button) for wireless on your machine? You might want to check it. It sounds silly but it happens a lot that this switch is in the wrong position and someone doesn't realise and spends hours trying to get the WiFi to work.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
ridzamnto

Post by ridzamnto »

Sorry if I sound stupid but are you talking about that button with signal on it? The one that we activate with fn? If yes than I've tried to press them for many many times ._.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

ridzamnto wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:58 pm are you talking about that button with signal on it? The one that we activate with fn?
I don't know, it's your machine. It may have that button you mentioned, plus a separate one.

Most laptops have a WiFi switch that can be operated before the OS has started, so you can start it safely in conditions where using WiFi would be unsafe or not allowed; in many cases, it can even be operated before the case has been opened.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
ridzamnto

Post by ridzamnto »

I just googled it and people on the forum say there's no such thing other than the fn+f3 which I have tried. And I don't see anything other than the switch to open up battery

Return to “Networking”