Can't access router's web interface in Mint [FIXED]

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Yarvidson

Can't access router's web interface in Mint [FIXED]

Post by Yarvidson »

Hello all, as the subject line says, I am having issues accessing the web interface for my router. This is normally an easy task for me, and I believe I have all the basics covered. I can still access the web interface on my phone just fine, and even on the PC I normally run Mint on if I boot Parrot from my live USB. But alas, Mint is my "daily driver" distro, and despite being very new to Linux, networking, and security, I'm determined to keep Mint so I'd like to resolve the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Can't access router's web interface in Mint

Post by Pierre »

are you using the normal web URL for that router ?
as there is a few variations in which URL to use.
or, are you actually a web name, instead of an URL ?.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Yarvidson

Post by Yarvidson »

I'm simply typing the default route IP into the address bar like I have always done.
Yarvidson

Post by Yarvidson »

I've been at this for two days and now that I've finally posted on a forum to get help, I figured it out :lol: :x guess that is the way it goes. Thanks for the timely response though Pierre!

For anyone else with a similar issue, I installed Chromium and it worked fine :roll: . I had previously tried switching search engines (yahoo, DuckDuckgo, Bing, Google, etc) but assumed Firefox would have been fine as a browser... Turns out I was wrong!

Cheers

Return to “Networking”