Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
RAM_V
Level 1
Level 1

Wi Fi not working on new install- Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

Post by RAM_V » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm

I recently installed linux mint 19 cinnamon on a laptop and so far I absolutely love it. It's fast and reliable. The only problem I have is that no matter what I try, I cannot get any wireless connection and my only way of connecting to the internet is through ethernet cable. I suspect it might be a driver issue, but I still want to try finding solutions. I have a few dumps of recent attempts to fix it. Would there be any attempts or anything I could do? I was told it may be possible to do something with the source code or something like that. Thanks.

http://termbin.com/yc97
http://termbin.com/qxyj

mintage
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Wi Fi not working on new install- Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

Post by mintage » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:22 pm

I had the same problem. It was probably lack of sleep. I logged into the router and found that while I had repeatedly verified that I had all the settings where I wanted them, somewhere along the way I turned off the wireless radio and also repeatedly neglected to select the "Apply" button, off screen, at the bottom. So I had to keep scratching my head over why wireless was Disabled even though I Enabled everything more than once. Selecting the Apply button after enabling the radio in the wireless router embedded web page, hopefully that's it.

If not, I found some help from a more knowledgeable persons help
I made lasagna after this post.

RAM_V
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RAM_V » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:31 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately that wasn't it. And I'm still confused because all I get when I tried his link was that lo and enol for both antennae didn't allow scanning. Thanks though.

RAM_V
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RAM_V » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:35 am

Jeremy,

It looked promising, but what happened was after I rebooted it, it would hang to the point of assuming it crashed. Since I am a new user, I just reinstalled the OS and worked from there. Sorry, maybe I am just bad at fixing things.

Return to “Wireless”