WiFi unavailable WG111v2 & RT3290

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FunkySpaveMunky

Re: WiFi unavailable WG111v2 & RT3290

Post by FunkySpaveMunky »

JeremyB wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:11 pm But as long as the one in rfkill list results show hard block: yes, the USB will not work
Apologies, i understand what you mean, i will have a look tonight and see if it fixes the issue.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi FunkySpaveMunky,

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" and "lsusb" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

I'll assume you have already tried the command below?

Code: Select all

sudo rfkill unblock all
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
FunkySpaveMunky

phd21 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:49 pm Hi FunkySpaveMunky,

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" and "lsusb" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

I'll assume you have already tried the command below?

Code: Select all

sudo rfkill unblock all
Hi Phd21,
thanks for the reply and yes the community has been fantastic with the support. i did try the unblock all command and that did not work either.

tried so many things, but the good news is..... wait for it.... removing the internal wifi has resolved the issue and i am using the wg111v2 dongle right now.
FunkySpaveMunky

Re: WiFi unavailable WG111v2 & RT3290 [SOLVED]

FunkySpaveMunky wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:00 pm
JeremyB wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:11 pm But as long as the one in rfkill list results show hard block: yes, the USB will not work
Apologies, i understand what you mean, i will have a look tonight and see if it fixes the issue.
Hi JeremyB,
Thank you for all your help and support, removing the internal WiFi resolved the issue and the WG111v2 dongle works perfectly.

Again thank you for all your fantastic help!

Return to “Networking”