[SOLVED] Slow and randomly not working wifi connection

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fermmm

[SOLVED] Slow and randomly not working wifi connection

Post by fermmm »

Hi

I bought a new laptop Lenovo V330-15IKB and installed mint 19, everything worked fine except for the wifi connection, If I boot with windows 10 there are no problems at all.
With mint, websites don't load 50% of the times throwing a ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error, If I press F5 multiple times it loads. Also when the pages load sometines it takes a lot of time and in the bottom it says "resolving host..." for a minimum of 10 seconds, after that it works fast.
This was happening less frequently some days ago but now I cannot use the wifi because it became much worst.
If I connect the ethernet cable it works fine.

In my desktop computer I started having the same problem after upgrading from mint 18 to mint 19 but not very fraquently. Is connected to the ethernet cable so I think that is probably a different problem.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Wifi almost never works in laptop

Post by kc1di »

Please go to a terminal and type this command and post the results here.

Code: Select all

inxi -Nn
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
fermmm

Post by fermmm »

Code: Select all

fer@fernando-notebook:~$ inxi -Nn
Network:   Card-1: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Plus Bluetooth
           driver: iwlwifi
           IF: wlp2s0 state: up mac: 34:41:5d:ac:7b:3c
           Card-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCIE Gigabit Ethernet Controller
           driver: r8169
           IF: enp3s0 state: down mac: 54:ee:75:f6:e6:e0

I guess there is a problem with something related to the dns resolution, because after the dns is resolved the connection works fast.
fermmm

Post by fermmm »

Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Slow and randomly not responding wifi connection

Post by Moem »

Thanks for posting your solution! Now please mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Networking”