can't swap to a different wifi network

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bugreprt
Level 1
Level 1

can't swap to a different wifi network

Post by bugreprt »

Hi all. I'm using LMDE3 Cindy and all is well except I can't change to a different WiFi connection. Choosing a different connection displays a "Disconnected" notification which re-appears every minute or so but no connection is ever re-established. The only way to re-connect is to re-plug the USB adapter (or reboot). My adapter is TP-Link TL-WN822N (Realtek RTL8192CU). On the same hardware, LM17.3 works perfectly. Any ideas???
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sdibaja
Level 5
Level 5

Re: can't swap to a different wifi network

Post by sdibaja »

did you try to use a different USB port?
Peter
Mate desktop https://wiki.debian.org/MATE
Debian GNU/Linux operating system: https://www.debian.org/download
bugreprt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bugreprt »

Just tried a different USB port but no difference, still can't swap WiFi connections. Remember swapping works perfectly on LM17.3!
bugreprt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bugreprt »

Just tried MX Linux and swapping to a different Wi-Fi connection works okay. From memory Q4OS had the same problem as LMDE 3. I also tried "Cindy" with a different adaptor (Atheros chip) and it was even worse, no connection at al!!! Come on Debian Gurus, what's the fix???

Return to “Networking”