Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Gumbotron
Level 1
Level 1

Deluge (ports)

Post by Gumbotron »

Im tryin to setup deluge as in setting up its neccesary ports and static ip. I need help doin this. I was able to do this in windows easily but now...

I also get a hit from samba with my ip when i am usin Firestarter (a blocked connection from it). dont kno what the hell it is or what its tryin to do. do kno it has somethin to do with windows but that bout it.

Anyone willin to help?

Im also usin the XFCE version of mint soo...

O yes, i also tried to do it usin the Mint control center network button and then through my gnome network manager. Didnt work. I also read a few forum posts on the ubuntu forums.

DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Deluge (ports)

Post by DrHu »

Gumbotron wrote:Im tryin to setup deluge as in setting up its neccesary ports and static ip. I need help doin this. I was able to do this in windows easily but now... I also get a hit from samba with my ip when i am usin Firestarter (a blocked connection from it).
Stop the firewall temporarily and see if it then works
--if so you know it is the firewall rules that are inhibiting the windows connections
I would also reboot and check that the firewall is not running on bootup..
And if that doesn't work, also check that the samba connections are also working correctly, that is you can connect get filers, save files to the windows machine..
--you can setup deluge ( bittorrent) to use random ports..

http://portforward.com/help/pfprogression.htm
http://portforward.com/
--you might not want to let a remote service configure your port/router setup, but it is an option..

Gumbotron
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gumbotron »

yea but i never used samba to begin with, so?

DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Post by DrHu »

Gumbotron wrote:I'm tryin to setup deluge as in setting up its neccesary ports and static ip. I need help doin this. I was able to do this in windows easily but now... I also get a hit from samba with my ip when i am usin Firestarter
yea but i never used samba to begin with, so?
Yea but you never gave any information on your setup, so?
--now I am stuck, maybe someone else wants a shot..

Return to “Wireless”