How to make Netgear WNDA3100 work on an ACER pc

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
11jar11
Level 1
Level 1

How to make Netgear WNDA3100 work on an ACER pc

Post by 11jar11 »

I have an ACER dedicated to linux mint, cinnamon. This is not a dual op sys installation. When the stick is in the USB slot I can see what's on it but can't get it to work. Probably because there is no drive installed in the ACER for the stick. Please, how do I get it to work or maybe suggest another way to get wifi to the system.

Thanks,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yankee_15

Re: How to make Netgear WNDA3100 work on an ACER pc

Post by yankee_15 »

I had the same problem once I wiped an old machine of Vista and used the same wi-fi stick you have. An admin suggested to avoid the headache of using ndiswrapper and just get a Linux compatible USB stick. I bought the Panda Wireless N 150 that was recommended by several people in another Linux forum. It worked just fine. No drivers to load. My only glitch was not able to login with my password until I actually rebooted my main router. Only $14.99 on Amazon.
11jar11
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 11jar11 »

I will buy it. Thanks. John
11jar11
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 11jar11 »

Can I assume the one below will work? The 150 seems to be 150Mbps.

https://www.amazon.com/d/USB-Network-Ad ... fi+adapter

Return to “Networking”