My wifi and Bluetooth disappeared when I installed linux mint

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
I am noob

My wifi and Bluetooth disappeared when I installed linux mint

Post by I am noob »

Hello! I'm a beginner using any Linux distribution, and I started by installing the Tara 19 mint on my dual-boot laptop with Windows. When I was still in the Live CD mode (USB I think, I do not remember pardon) everything was ok, but when the installation finished Wireless disappeared in both Mint and Windows. Help me please!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Niketathakare88

Re: My wifi and Bluetooth disappeared when I installed linux mint

Post by Niketathakare88 »

As you can see there are 4 items listed:

ideapad_wlan
ideapad_bluetooth
hcio: bluetooth
phy0: wireless_LAN
The ideal situation is for the soft blocked to be set to no and the hard blocked to be set to no for all of the options.If you have any soft blocked items you can try the following:

rfkill unblock all

Now try clicking the network icon again to see if you have wireless networks appearing.If this works you can edit the file /etc/rc.local and add the above line to it. This will then hopefully solve the issue on subsequent boots.The hard block generally means there is a hardware switch for turning on the option. For example the WiFi might be turned off because there is a button on your laptop that needs to be pressed to turn it on.Unfortunately this isn’t always the case and sometimes it is down to conflicting modules.In my case above the hard blocked items are caused by the ideapad_laptop module.To resolve my issue I entered the following into the terminal:

Return to “Networking”