Antennas working

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tcpip

Antennas working

Post by tcpip »

Hi all,

I have the following wifi card
*-network
description: Wireless interface
product: RTL8192EE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:06:00.0
logical name: wlp6s0
version: 00
serial: 50:3e:aa:56:9b:bc
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtl8192ee driverversion=4.4.0-53-generic firmware=N/A ip=192.168.0.130 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn
resources: irq:31 ioport:d000(size=256) memory:f7c00000-f7c03fff

how can I know if both antennas are working or not.

thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Antennas working

Post by JeremyB »

I don't see any ant_sel parameter in modinfo for that module, and if it isn't made by HP you shouldn't have to worry
fouad2000

Post by fouad2000 »

JeremyB wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:07 pm I don't see any ant_sel parameter in modinfo for that module, and if it isn't made by HP you shouldn't have to worry
One thing about this that isn't factory install:

When I was installing linux, I had two problems, one related to the partition and the other related to wifi. Both occurred on the install step. I had to resolve the partition issue by setting BIOS to AHCI. However, I don't think this is the cause of my wifi problems, because the wifi problems occurred both before and after I solved the partition issue.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

fouad2000 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:51 am I don't think this is the cause of my wifi problems, because the wifi problems occurred both before and after I solved the partition issue.
It's best if you start a new topic about your wifi problems. Welcome to the forum!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
tcpip

Post by tcpip »

so my both antennas are working as expected?

Return to “Networking”