HP Laptop Wireless Not an Option Only Wired

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vexus

HP Laptop Wireless Not an Option Only Wired

Post by Vexus »

I'm currently using a HP laptop and I'm using Ethernet right now but i wish to be able to connect to WI-FI But I don't have the wireless option. I've tried to fix it my self and my friend but Nothing worked.

My computer model is: HP Laptop 14-bp0xx
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: HP Laptop Wireless Not an Option Only Wired

Post by sleeper12 »

If Secure Boot is on in Bios, turn it off. See if there is a physical wifi switch or Fn & F combo to turn it on. If none of that, run this command & post the results here:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz 
carum carvi

Re: HP Laptop Wireless Not an Option Only Wired

Post by carum carvi »

Hi Vexux, welcome to the LinuxMint forum. I hope your problem can be solved with help of one of many friendly forummembers.

LinuxMint is known for having compatibilitly problems with wifi with some hardware. Some can be solved, some cant. A quite easy solution which has been offered many times on this forum is buying an external wifi adapter. Particulary the "PANDA usb wifi adapter" seems to work almost every time with all hardware that is running LinuxMInt. Just an advice in case your problem cant be easily solved in any other way...

https://www.wirelesshack.org/top-linux- ... pters.html

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=294630

Return to “Networking”