Asus MB Wi Fi problem

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kirurgs

Asus MB Wi Fi problem

Post by Kirurgs »

To get started in Linux, I built a new desktop, with Asus Crosshair vii Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is Enabled in Bios. Mint Cinnanon v.18.3 will not recognize the on-board Wi-Fi
A cheap 150 Mbps USB adapter works fine without any drivers. The puzzle is, is it the MB, not compatible wit Linux, or is it the particular version of Linux? Please help a complete Newbie. My umbilical cord has not been cut yet
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Asus MB Wi Fi problem

Post by catweazel »

Kirurgs wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 pm To get started in Linux, I built a new desktop, with Asus Crosshair vii Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is Enabled in Bios. Mint Cinnanon v.18.3 will not recognize the on-board Wi-Fi
A cheap 150 Mbps USB adapter works fine without any drivers. The puzzle is, is it the MB, not compatible wit Linux, or is it the particular version of Linux? Please help a complete Newbie. My umbilical cord has not been cut yet
The motherboard is too new for Mint 18.3's kernel. So that someone can assist you with proper information, post the output of these two terminal commands:

inxi -Fxz

lspci
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Kirurgs

Re: Asus MB Wi Fi problem

Post by Kirurgs »

Installed Ubuntu 18.04.3 and that solved the problem

Return to “Networking”