Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
sgalizia
Level 1
Level 1

2016 MBP Can see networks but cannot connect to them

Post by sgalizia »

Hello, I have been struggling with this for a day or two now. I installed Mint 19.3 Cinnamon and I am having wifi issues. I am able to use my phone as a tether, but when I try and connect to my home wifi it fails and keeps asking for authentication over and over. Here are some of the things that I have done so far:
  • Already checked that I am using the correct security for the router, which is WPA2 Personal
  • Tried to use the bcmwl-kernal-source driver. It made it so that I could not see any networks at all
  • Removed the previous package and purged it. I then installed the b34 kernel because my wifi card fits into that category
The strangest thing is that when I hold alt and load into the boot menu, I can see all the wireless networks and successfully connect to them. The issue seems to be that when the OS loads the card no longer works properly. Would really appreciate any help. I am comfortable with the terminal and can run commands for whatever info is required to help solve this. Thank you!

sleeper12
Level 7
Level 7

Re: 2016 MBP Can see networks but cannot connect to them

Post by sleeper12 »

Let's see what these show:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz 

rfkill list all 

lspci