Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Gumbotron
Level 1
Level 1

b4306 v2

Post by Gumbotron »

Each time i start up my comp i have to input these commands so i can make it work (the b4306)

Code: Select all

rmmod b43
rmmod b44
rmmod b43legacy
rmmod ssb
rmmod ndiswrapper
modprobe ndiswrapper
how can i make this permanent so everytime i boot up i dont have to input these commands.

i also try to connect to the wireless network through the command line usin these commands

sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo iwlist wlan0 scan
iwconfig wlan0 essid "*****" key "*********"
sudo dhclient wlan0 
and i get this error:

No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.
resolvconf: Error: /etc/resolv.conf must be a symlink
how do i fix this so i can use the command line to connect wirelessly since my gnome network manager got messes up on my 9.04 partition when stupid ass wicd installed itself. dont know how. guess i downloaded package that required it. doesnt even work on the partition im usin right now to post this. says the same thing

DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Re: b4306 v2

Post by DrHu »

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermai ... 03268.html
  • If resolvconf is installed, it will take over the management of the dns information. In case of dhclient and pppd, instead of writing to /etc/resolv.conf directly, they simply pass the dns information to resolvconf via hooks for ifupdown/dhclient/ppp:
http://n0b3l1a.blogspot.com/2009/02/res ... st-be.html
--not sure what resolvconf is supposed to be in Ubuntu/Mint; since I usually see the /etc/resolv.conf as being the file name; except it has to do with nm (network manager) operations and facilities

Gumbotron
Level 1
Level 1

Re: b4306 v2

Post by Gumbotron »

so should i uninstall gnome network manger?

Return to “Wireless”