Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
BigTants
Level 1
Level 1

Can't connect to wi-fi

Post by BigTants »

Hi all,

I have just started using Linux mint on my Asus ROG Zephyrus GA502DU laptop. I connected it to the internet through an ethernet cable so I could install the suggested drivers. The open source driver it recommended doesn't seem to work though as when I click on the network button in the task bar (the 2 grey arrows and the 'x'), there is no option for WiFi, only ethernet.

Thanks everyone!

Armstrong
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Can't connect to wi-fi

Post by Armstrong »

In the lower right hand corner of your screen, there should be an icon which would indicate signal strength. Click on it. The pop up window should inform you of all the available WIFI connections. You can click on yours, and configure it to your machine. If the icon isn't there, go to "Install New Applications" in the Application Launcher and install Networks (Manager). I have no idea if this will solve your problem, but it's a start.

sleeper12
Level 10
Level 10

Post by sleeper12 »

Post results of:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz 

rfkill list 

mokutil --sb-state 

GELvdH
Level 3
Level 3

Post by GELvdH »

Since the work at home situation, ALL internet connections have been very slow. The reason is that both those businesses that are on line and the people working from home are using up a lot of bandwidth, I usually get on line later in the evening when businesses are closed and mainly private people are on line. Hope that splains it a little.

Return to “Wireless”