Warpinator

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pcdos

Warpinator

Post by pcdos »

Warpinator does not work, I did all the corresponding checks, but it does not work. :( I use Nitroshare again, which works very well.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RamBurner
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Warpinator

Post by RamBurner »

I had the same problem Mint 20 to LMDE4 doesn't work, of course in 19.3 to LMDE4 both using Clem's PPA it works fine. 20 won't install the LMDE version, it said there were no repositories for 20 for that version of Warpinator.
I had to go back to 19.3.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

You had to go back to 19.3? Has that thing become an indispensable part of your workflow that fast? :?
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

pcdos wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:07 am Warpinator does not work, I did all the corresponding checks, but it does not work. :( I use Nitroshare again, which works very well.
You don't give us much to go on - without knowing what versions of Mint you are using not sure what exactly the problem is. However I can tell you I do have Warpinator working just fine (not that I will ever use it as I have NFS set up on my home network which I like better). Because I wanted to see what all the hubbub was I set Warpinator up on my LM 19.3 Cinnamon using the same version (1.0.6) that is on my LM 20 beta test machine that is on a VM (bridged network). So on the same network 192.168.46.xxx and the same Warpinator version - again 1.0.6 and works great and too easy to set up. Go to the link below to get the official .deb package that LM 20 uses for Warpinator 1.0.6
http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php?release=Ulyana
chiefjim
Level 6
Level 6

Post by chiefjim »

Works fine here. Activated on machine #1. Then when machine #2 was activated connection was made right away. File transfer went seamlessly.
Mint-21.0 Mate 64 bit / LMDE-5 64 bit
Gigabyte H370M D3H
Intel G3258
Crucial Ballistic Sport 32GB DDR4 2400
8TB HDD Seagate Baracuda 5400rpm
pcdos

Post by pcdos »

thank you very much guys :D
RamBurner
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RamBurner »

Using Mint 20 with its version and the LMDE4 .deb with PPA they never would see any other computers.
RamBurner
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RamBurner »

I have some good news. The 1.06 deb installed fine on LMDE4, as well as on the 19.3
They see each other and transfer files fine.
So I can install Mint 20 again and it should work fine talking to my LMDE4
Thank you for the link to the deb file
Edit: I reinstalled Mint 20 and it communicates fine with LMDE4 that now has the 1.06 .deb file installed.
sudofreak
Level 1
Level 1

warpinator unable to see computers on wireless network

Post by sudofreak »

:| :| I have a desktop computer running Linux mint 20 with MATE desktop and a laptop also running Linux mint 20 with MATE desktop connected via a wireless network. I can ping between the two and have the firewalls disabled on both machines, but am unable to see either host in warpinator from either machine. It doesn't seem to make any difference which port I set the computers to, so I returned the port number to the default of 42000 on both machines with no change in results. Anybody have any ideas?
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

I really don't have any ideas except to say that I did notice in playing with Warpinator I had on of my laptops on a VPN so the network was different and even when I got off the VPN Warpinator stayed on the VPN network even when I quit Warpinator (really quit - like right click in the panel quit) and restarted it. I had to restart the laptop and then Warpinator got on my LAN. So if both your laptop and PC indicate Warpinator is on your same LAN network . . . . yeah, then no idea - if not restart any machine that Warpinator does not indicate it is on your LAN network.

Return to “Networking”