RTL8723DE: No internet after using Wi-Fi for a while and fails to load main router and Wi-Fi range extender login pages

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
TonyThuitai
Level 1
Level 1

RTL8723DE: No internet after using Wi-Fi for a while and fails to load main router and Wi-Fi range extender login pages

Post by TonyThuitai »

Power Management is off and Secure Boot is disabled. This issue started yesterday and also occurred today at the time of writing this post. The Wi-Fi connection on my HP laptop is stable but after a while of using Wi-Fi, internet becomes too slow and after a moment no internet. Login pages fail to load of the main router and the Wi-Fi range extender which is connected to the main router via Ethernet. Ethernet connection on the laptop works and other devices connected to the internet via Wi-Fi also work without issues but the Realtek RTL8723DE becomes unresponsive after a while of usage. Turning the laptop off for at least 10 minutes allows the module to become responsive again after the laptop is switched on. No related logs or dmesg are recorded when the module/driver becomes unresponsive. Below are the network devices of my laptop:

Code: Select all

Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169 
Device-2: Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter driver: rtw_pci 
Device-3: Realtek 802.11n WLAN Adapter type: USB driver: btusb 
I need help to troubleshoot the cause of this issue
naufals
Level 1
Level 1

Re: RTL8723DE: No internet after using Wi-Fi for a while and fails to load main router and Wi-Fi range extender login pa

Post by naufals »

Hello, I guess it has to deal with the driver. Previously, I had problem with my bluetooth (which is RTL8723BE, similar to yours). I've installed the proper driver, and now It has worked. Maybe you can visit this page: https://github.com/lwfinger. He has some drivers for Realtek devices. Hope this helps.

Return to “Wireless”