Level 1

Re: WIFI adapter not working in linux mint 20 [Ralink RT 3290]

Post by ssn71 »

JeremyB wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:31 pm
Post results for

Code: Select all

cat  /etc/modprobe.d/asus-nb-wmi.conf
sorry i was unable to get to my laptop for 2 days, here is the result for the above command and thanks for reply

Code: Select all

cat  /etc/modprobe.d/asus-nb-wmi.conf
options asus-nb-wmi wapf=4
scorptig
Level 1
Level 1

Post by scorptig »

MrEen wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:44 pm
When you see code like that, just click on SELECT ALL and that will highlight the text, then you can right click on the highlighted text and select Copy, then paste that exactly into the terminal. The "pipe" (|) joins the two commands into one, so instead of simply echoing blacklist asus_wireless, it will also send that to the next command, which is writing it to the file specified.
Sorry to say, I had to return the HP laptop to client, so I went through Winslow Hell, I had to install Win 8 and then 2 version of Windows 10, and still with windows drivers I had Bluetooth nothing could connect, I had WiFi and error cannot connect to this network, so laptop itself has issues which could not be resolved in Windows, nor Linux..For now thank you all for assisting me with this WiFi issue.
solidsumo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by solidsumo »

i had a similar problem. if your on a laptop especially an old one try taking out the battery for several minutes and then maybe try fn+f12
scorptig
Level 1
Level 1

Post by scorptig »

solidsumo wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:25 am
i had a similar problem. if your on a laptop especially an old one try taking out the battery for several minutes and then maybe try fn+f12
Tried that had no effect or benefit, as indicated I returned the laptop to the client. One lesson to be learned if you get a laptop with an encrypted license in it, you may well have issues..this one had Win8 and the Win8 license needed to install, could not install Windows 10 directly, that's why I went to Linux Mint and then Bluetooth & WiFi issues, that also exists in unit when Windows is installed..

Return to “Wireless”