I am having issues re-connecting to WiFi and tethered networks after disconnecting.
I can re-connect to a network, and I get the notification that a connection was established, but I cannot ping for example Google's DNS server and all apps are unable to connect.
- I will disconnect for the first time, and will not be able to connect again until I reboot.
- The issue appears to impact USB tethering as well. After a single disconnect while tethered, a full reboot is required to restore network connectivity.
- I also notice that any Bluetooth device will lag terribly once I connect to a WiFi network, and this issue has rendered Bluetooth inoperable while on WiFi, which is pretty much all the time as this is a laptop.
- I am able to USB tether, while connected to WiFi, and disconnect from WiFi after the USB connection is established and I will remain connected./list]
This issue has happened since updating from Mint 19.3 to 20.
I have tried:
- Many many different commands I found online, such as modprobe. So many that I reformatted as I had butchered the system entirely.
- Reformatting and doing a clean install and the issue persisted.
- I then tested the issue in the live image and the WiFi/Bluetooth issues are happening there too.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Code: Select all
System: Kernel: 5.8.0-23-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: N/A Desktop: Cinnamon 4.6.7 wm: muffin 4.6.3 dm: LightDM 1.30.0 Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal Machine: Type: Portable System: Dell product: XPS L521X v: A14 serial: <filter> Chassis: type: 8 v: A14 serial: <filter> Mobo: Dell model: 07C1H7 v: A00 serial: <filter> UEFI: Dell v: A14 date: 05/22/2013 Battery: ID-1: BAT1 charge: 54.0 Wh condition: 54.0/65.0 Wh (83%) volts: 12.5/11.1 model: SANYO PABAS0241231 type: Li-ion serial: <filter> status: Full CPU: Topology: Dual Core model: Intel Core i5-3230M bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Ivy Bridge rev: 9 L2 cache: 3072 KiB flags: avx lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 20753 Speed: 2993 MHz min/max: 1200/3200 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 2993 2: 2993 3: 3180 4: 3004 Graphics: Device-1: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics vendor: Dell driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:0166 Device-2: NVIDIA GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M/810M/820M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M] vendor: Dell driver: N/A bus ID: 01:00.0 chip ID: 10de:1140 Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2) v: 4.2 Mesa 20.0.8 compat-v: 3.0 direct render: Yes Audio: Device-1: Intel 7 Series/C216 Family High Definition Audio vendor: Dell driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0 chip ID: 8086:1e20 Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.8.0-23-generic Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Dell driver: r8169 v: kernel port: 2000 bus ID: 07:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:8168 IF: enp7s0 state: down mac: <filter> Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N 1202 Half-size Mini PCIe Card driver: ath9k v: kernel port: 2000 bus ID: 08:00.0 chip ID: 168c:0034 IF: wlp8s0 state: down mac: <filter> Device-3: Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 type: USB driver: btusb bus ID: 2-1.5:3 chip ID: 0cf3:3004 IF-ID-1: tun0 state: unknown speed: 10 Mbps duplex: full mac: N/A IF-ID-2: usb0 state: unknown speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: <filter> Drives: Local Storage: total: 931.52 GiB used: 152.63 GiB (16.4%) ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Hitachi model: HTS727575A9E364 size: 698.64 GiB speed: 3.0 Gb/s rotation: 7200 rpm serial: <filter> rev: A100 scheme: MBR ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: Crucial model: CT250MX200SSD3 size: 232.89 GiB speed: 6.0 Gb/s serial: <filter> rev: MU03 scheme: GPT RAID: Hardware-1: Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode] driver: ahci v: 3.0 port: 4060 bus ID: 00:1f.2 chip ID: 8086.282a rev: 04 Partition: ID-1: / size: 226.04 GiB used: 75.99 GiB (33.6%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/dm-1 ID-2: /boot size: 704.5 MiB used: 608.6 MiB (86.4%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdb2 ID-3: swap-1 size: 976.0 MiB used: 43.0 MiB (4.4%) fs: swap dev: /dev/dm-2 Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 70.0 C mobo: N/A Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 3200 Repos: No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/libreoffice-libreoffice-7-0-focal.list 1: deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/libreoffice-7-0/ubuntu focal main Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list 1: deb http://packages.linuxmint.com ulyana main upstream import backport 2: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal main restricted universe multiverse 3: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates main restricted universe multiverse 4: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports main restricted universe multiverse 5: deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ focal-security main restricted universe multiverse 6: deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ focal partner Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/syncthing.list 1: deb https://apt.syncthing.net/ syncthing stable Info: Processes: 273 Uptime: 3h 53m Memory: 7.66 GiB used: 3.10 GiB (40.6%) Init: systemd v: 245 runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: 9.3.0 alt: 9 Shell: bash v: 5.0.17 running in: gnome-terminal inxi: 3.0.38