Wifi problem on my laptop with Linux Mint 19.3

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Santacuck j5005
Level 1
Level 1

Wifi problem on my laptop with Linux Mint 19.3

Post by Santacuck j5005 »

Hello.

Sometimes my connection will slow down or stop completely. I'm still connected to the network, but it's super slow or not responding. However, when I use USB thetering through my phone - connected to the same network - it works perfectly.

One theory is that the network admin has identified my computer and is messing with it somehow, perhaps because I sometimes use a VPN to bypass the stupid filters they've imposed. But I don't know.

What can I try to get this thing working properly again?

Been using this installation for over two years now, upgraded from 19.1 to 19.2 to 19.3, no other issues, rock solid except for this problem which started recently.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Wifi problem on my laptop with Linux Mint 19.3

Post by Larry78723 »

Please post the results for each of the following commands. Here is how:

Open a terminal window (Ctrl-Alt-t). Make it fullscreen to avoid unneeded linebreaks or chopped lines. Execute the following commands, one at a time.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxxxz

mokutil --sb-state	

rfkill list

iwconfig

lsusb

lspci 
Mark the complete text output which each command will display with your mouse.
Press the keyboard shortcut <Shift><Ctrl>C to copy the marked text into the clipboard.
Enclose the results for each command between the code markers by selecting </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply then paste <Ctrl>V them in your reply between the code markers [code]Results [/code].

The results will help us to help you.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Santacuck j5005
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wifi problem on my laptop with Linux Mint 19.3

Post by Santacuck j5005 »

It seems to have sorted itself out. I don't know how. But it's working now.

Return to “Networking”