Wireless fix

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sluggo

Wireless fix

Post by sluggo »

Hello all,

Newbie here and to Linux.

Mint is awesome. Thanks.

After spending most of the day trying to get my wireless working, I have a resolution.

In the bios there is an option under config called Intel (R) AMT
When you enter into it there is only two options, enabled and disabled. It was disabled by default. I enabled it.
This enables Intel's Active management technology. Not exactly sure what it does but I think it manages the bluetooth/wlan/lan or maybe just the wlan/lan so they do not conflict.

I also disabled the legacy devices on the mini dock in the docking station. I don't use a docking station so I don't need it.

I'm pretty confident the first change is what made the difference.

I rebooted to the install cd and it immediately recognized the lan and the wlan. I went ahead and reinstalled Mint since I made all kind of changes trying to get it working before. It was a fresh install so it was no big deal.

The laptop is a Lenovo T61 with an Intel Pro/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN

Hope this helps someone that is struggling with this issue. Lan and bluetooth were both working on the first install.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Wireless fix

Post by Husse »

Thanks for this
Can you imagine how often I might have struggled with not working wifi because of something like this - I can't....

Return to “Networking”