Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ecd
Level 1
Level 1

Accessing the Internet...wirelessly

Post by ecd » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:25 am

It may be a basic ?, but I have a wireless router/modem. Plus, I have a PCI wireless (Broadcom chipset) adaptor card in my Linux box. I can access the Internet with wire...but I've tried all the ways I know to get on via wireless...with no luck.

I honestly don't understand it all and I get totally confused with all the 'help' on the 'net, but I've disabled any security on the router and it's 'broadcasting' it's name etc. I think the wireless card has been 'picked up' during the Mint install. And I've run the Admin > Network side of things for wireless...but it just ain't connecting. Any ideas?

Apart from this Mint is totally brilliant...especially for us new-comers and you guys deserve all the praise being lavished on you! I wish I had a toe-nails worth of your abilities.

Regards,
Pete :)

PS: I downloaded a program: Wireless Assistant, but it won't run because I haven't asked to run it via SU...? I know how to SU, but I don't know what to type to ask it to run the program.

900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:23 am

ECD, are you the same person from the MM forum? Anyway see if you can make heads or tails of this

http://lt.k1011.nutime.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458
Core i7 Linux Mint 19.2/Windows 10

ecd
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ecd » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:01 am

Hi 900i,
I am indeed that same person! :)
And it's driving me nuts is this wireless stuff. I've read the post you linked me to...sincere thanks for that. I'm printing it off as I type, then I'll have a go with it.

Apart from this one little bit, Mint has been my best experience of Linux yet. I'm a cat's cock hair away from actually having a full Linux system that's useable!!!

I'll let you know how it goes...either here or on MM.

regards,
Pete :(

900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:26 am

Don't forget that because Mint is a derivative of Ubuntu you can also use the ubuntu community forum to help solve nearly all your Mint problems

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/
Core i7 Linux Mint 19.2/Windows 10

Return to “Wireless”