PCMCIA Wireless Network Card

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DustyStreets

PCMCIA Wireless Network Card

Post by DustyStreets »

I have search the internet and have a few ideas. I was wondering if someone can recommend a PCMCIA Wireless network card :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ArcherSeven

Re: PCMCIA Wireless Network Card

Post by ArcherSeven »

I have one from Cisco that works well, don't know it's model name/number and it's out of town atm. I've also tried two from trendnet that don't work at all, so that might give you a place to start...
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

A lot of Problems with 3com on the Linux list....

hope this is helpful
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

From my own experience, try looking at either Lynksys or Netgear PCMCIA cards.....they are 2 of the most trusted brands, as far as finding the model numbers, it would be on the bottom of the item along with the version as well...hope that gets you started...cheers

Andrew
capt

Post by capt »

I'm using a NETGEAR WG511T right now on Mint 9 LXDE and works perfectly. I have used it for around 3 years on different linux O.S. and usually works. Usually lots on Ebay cheap. :D
DustyStreets

Post by DustyStreets »

thank you

Return to “Networking”