Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Julio
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot Install Broadcom STA Wireless Driver

Post by Julio »

Hello all,

I just installed Mint Julia on my Dell Inspiron Mini with a 2x Intel Atom CPU N270@1.60 GHz with 1GB of memory and while trying to install the drivers to configure my wireless connection I got an error message which I cannot figure out how to resolve.
Being a newbie here, and I literally mean it since I'm using Linux only from a couple of hours ago, I please request your help on this.

Also, right after installing the software I went to the install additional drivers and I remember having two broadband drivers to install.
I tried both and both gave me an error message.

After rebooting my machine, only one appeared and the error message again appeared (see attach)

Many thanks for your help and Merry Xmas all of you.
Attachments
Screen grab error message
Screen grab error message
Screenshot.png (298.09 KiB) Viewed 872 times

abercrombieande
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Cannot Install Broadcom STA Wireless Driver

Post by abercrombieande »

Just looking at the screen shows you aren't connected to the Internet. Just use an Ethernet cable for now. Once you are connected you should be able to install this.

Gramps50
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Gramps50 »

You will need an internet connection to install the Broadcom driver, so use an ehternet cable until you get the wifi drivers installed. I also have better luck with Broadcom drivers if I do the updates 1st, which will also require an ethernet cable until wifi is working.
LMDE ROCKS!!!

Julio
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Julio »

Thanks guys, somehow I had the impression that the drivers were part of the Mint package and they would be installed from within the system...dahh
Anyway, after connecting to the internet, I still had some problems updating this driver..it was coming up with some error but at some point I manage to update it.
Everything's working fine and I can now give my mom's Xmas present and she'll be able to work with it straight from the box.

Thanks guys and Merry Xmas

Return to “Wireless”