Cannot connect to any wireless connection. Driver installed.

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
xiquillo
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot connect to any wireless connection. Driver installed.

Post by xiquillo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:30 pm

Hello, everyone. I have tried everything to get connected with my Alice-wlan connection but have not been able to do it. I am pretty sure the driver is installed and running because the wi-fi admin (that icon in the upper-right of the screen) gets all the nearby connections but when I try to connect I cannot do it. I add my wep-key and everything but it just keeps me waiting for about a minute and ends not connecting. The wi-fi admin recognises a wireless ethernet card in eth2 and a driver islsm-pci (for my prism 802.1 (3886)). I don't really know if this is correct, but I guess as I can see the nearby connections my wireless card is running perfectly.

The connection I am trying to reach is an Alice light flat, here in Germany, in case someone had similar experiences. I hope some of you can give me a hand. Thank you very much.

Joe

xiquillo
Level 1
Level 1

vpn client and Linux?How can I configure it?

Post by xiquillo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Ok, I just realized that might be because my Alice connection is installed in a kind of vpn, where I cannot connect if I don't give my username and passord (apart from my wep-key), so does anyone know how I can configure that with Linux?

Thanks again (hope to get any answer this time por favor :-)

Return to “Wireless”