Additional Drivers downloader crashes [CLOSED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kazai

Additional Drivers downloader crashes [CLOSED]

Post by Kazai »

I'm not sure if I'm writing to a correct forum...
But still. I've had to install Linux Mint because my computer's HDD died and I've lost my Windows restoration/installation DVD. Using KDE version.
The problem is: as far as I know I need proprietary Nvidia drivers to play 3D games, but every time I start the downloader it searches for drivers and then just crashes showing a bug-repoting window.
Please, help. I mostly use my PC for entertainment, I need those drivers. Is there any way to fix the downloader? Or any other way to obtain them?

P.S. I'm more than sure that the absence of these drivers is the reason all the 3D-games crash on start.

P.P.S. I've googled the instructions on obtaining drivers on some 3rd-party website through sudo command in terminal, but it didn't help. I think driver was wrong.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jaws

Re: Additional Drivers downloader crashes, can't get the dri

Post by Jaws »

Have you gone into Synaptic and searched for nvidia. I've had no problems installing the 295 drivers on my system.

Not sure what you mean by "every time I start the downloader" though.

Hope this helps.
Kazai

Re: Additional Drivers downloader crashes, can't get the dri

Post by Kazai »

Yeah, I did that. Also, I've updated my system.
Strange.
As far as my very poor knowledge goes, I actually have the correct nvidia drivers... also, I got the loading screen of the system showing up finally, I guess that means the drivers're correct as well...
But still, those games that crashed on loading a level or on start keep crashing. I'm not sure now though if this is a driver-related or a Wine issue...
Also, "Additional Drivers" downloader is gone with the update :shock:
Well. I guess, this means that topic is kinda closed.

Return to “Software & Applications”