Does Petra RC upgrade to the real thing?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dizwell

Does Petra RC upgrade to the real thing?

Post by dizwell »

Happily running LinuxMint 15 KDE, but am interested in installing the new version 16 RC.

My question is, though, does the RC become the 'final release' over time as a result of updates, or will I have to do a clean install of the final release when it arrives in (probably) a couple of weeks' time?

I could just be patient, of course... but naturally I want the latest shiny ASAP, so long as I'm not heading up a blind alley :-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Does Petra RC upgrade to the real thing?

Post by exploder »

The RC will update to the final release.
colyn

Post by colyn »

As long as you update it will become final.
dizwell

Post by dizwell »

Thanks for the confirmation guys. Appreciated...

...and makes my decision on how to spend this evening a lot easier!
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

I can tell you, on my computer, the LM 16 KDE RC is as good as a final. It can't get much better than it is. I'm really happy I went early this time. :D
dizwell wrote:Happily running LinuxMint 15 KDE, but am interested in installing the new version 16 RC.
wavespot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wavespot »

Adelante wrote:I can tell you, on my computer, the LM 16 KDE RC is as good as a final. It can't get much better than it is. I'm really happy I went early this time. :D
dizwell wrote:Happily running LinuxMint 15 KDE, but am interested in installing the new version 16 RC.
Seems the final version will be quite 99% same as the RC.
blue_bullet

Post by blue_bullet »

I am running on the live usb right now. 64 bit version. I will install it alongside Windows 8 and LM 15 KDE (64 bit) multiboot. This version solves all the problems I have had with the bad drivers for the g only
wifi card I had on my HP Envy DV7-7200 laptop. I installed an Intel AC-7260 Dual-Band wifi card in my laptop. On LM 15 I still had to use an ethernet cable connection to get internet access as the drivers for this wifi card started on kernel 3.10 and I was stuck on 3.8 in LM 15. Everything seems to work perfectly on LM 16 KDE. Wireless works and Mint can see now see both bands on the router (2.4 and 5Ghtz).
This is good stuff. Nice job developers.
Danie

Post by Danie »

Glad you asked this question as I've always wondered whether it required another full install...

Return to “Software & Applications”