KDE no titlebar,fail to add virtual desktop,bottom panel alw

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
8mobile
Level 1
Level 1

KDE no titlebar,fail to add virtual desktop,bottom panel alw

Post by 8mobile »

I've beenn battling out since i'm using linux mint three month ago.i just do not want to give up and re-install from the begining again.

i started it with linux mint 15 mate, install kde n lxde,then upgrade it to petra and install more kde theme.now all user in my laptop,if login to kde plasma desktop env. will get full screen when app is launch.that is,no title bar,no minimize & close button,bottom panel got covered.further more,adding virtual desktop/workspace cause system setting to crash and/or virtual desktop number always revert to one.

kde with open box is working fine.

so,what's wrong with kde? how can i enforce the usual appearance setting (title bar,virtual desktop,etc). even by using terminal if necessary. what is the different kde plasma desktop with kde with open box?

i dont want to re-install kde and endup with the same problem.i intend to have two user in my laptop.one will login to mate environment,the other to kde.than i will switch between the two with ctrl+alt+F#

Tz2001
Level 1
Level 1

Re: KDE no titlebar,fail to add virtual desktop,bottom panel

Post by Tz2001 »

Can you try this from the terminal after logging in:

Code: Select all

mv ~/.kde ~/.old_kde
Then log out and back in. This will remove any of your KDE settings. You can do the opposite to restore them:

Code: Select all

rm -rf ~/.kde
mv ~/.old_kde ~/.kde

If it works after settings have been reset it's an issue with your settings, if it's persistent it's an issue with your KDE installation.

8mobile
Level 1
Level 1

Re: KDE no titlebar,fail to add virtual desktop,bottom panel

Post by 8mobile »

thank you for the idea.

i did it, now its not full screen anymore, but restore size,so its not cover bottom panel. but still no tittle bar, so apps can not be maximized or closed. also creating more virtual desktop is still a failure.

so its installation then. is it conclude that upgrading linux mint mate should be followed by un-install then install again for the kde package? but why is kde openbox working fine? can i just remove kde plasma and keep the kde openbox?

Return to “KDE”