My sources file is empty

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
A.B.S.H.N

My sources file is empty

Post by A.B.S.H.N »

Hi, I beginner in linux and I installed linux mint KDE and when I opened the sources file was contain
'# /etc/apt/sources.list'
and when I tried to do 'apt-get update' I got 'Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.'

sorry for my bad english
please help me
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: My sources file is empty

Post by viking777 »

For reasons known only to themselves the MInt team decided to confuse their users by moving the official sources to:

Code: Select all

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
Look inside that (it is a file not a folder) and see what you have.

I don't use KDE though so it might be different.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

viking777 wrote:For reasons known only to themselves the MInt team decided to confuse their users by moving the official sources to
It is progress .. :lol:
Chaplin Modern Times - Factory Scene
A.B.S.H.N

Post by A.B.S.H.N »

viking777 wrote:For reasons known only to themselves the MInt team decided to confuse their users by moving the official sources to:

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
Look inside that (it is a file not a folder) and see what you have.

I don't use KDE though so it might be different.
doesn't work
'bash: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list: No such file or directory'
viking777

Post by viking777 »

bash: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list: No such file or directory'
Well now you know the cause of your problem.

I would suggest you look in System Settings/Software Sources and see what is set in there.

I repeat the caveat though that I know nothing whatsoever about KDE, it might work differently, though I doubt it is that different.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

I think that the old sources destination could work with these new systems also. Make /etc/apt/sources.list by hand an see what happens. Delete the file if not work.

sudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-get update
Mint 16 sources.list -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 82#p805843

Return to “Software & Applications”